Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy 10 Months, Caitrin!

It doesn't seem possible, but it's been 10 months today since our amazing little girl came into our lives! For the first several months I had these onesies that said her age on them, but we don't have a 10-month one, so instead I've included a picture from lunchtime today. She was feeding herself a cereal bar and was absolutely covered in it!

I was trying to remember what I was doing exactly ten months ago at this moment, but I have no idea! They gave me Stadol during labor, and there are large chunks of time that day that I can't account for. I think we were probably all snuggling in my bed and Sean and I were going over the day's events. What an amazing day it was.

Caitrin and I had a wonderful day today. I tried to give her more playtime, and she really enjoyed it. She has a new favorite word..."naynay." This is said, squealed, whined or shouted in various intonations and volume levels depending on her mood. I've pretty much discontinued changing her on the changing table. She flips around way too easily now. Luckily we put those foam number tiles on her floor months ago, so they make the perfect soft place to change her, and if she rolls it's no big deal.

The highlight of our day was a trip after lunch to the park at BWI Airport where the planes go right overhead just before they land. Having grown up in the country, I didn't have much exposure to big planes and they still fascinate me just like a kid! I took Caitrin because I've watched her notice the planes when they fly over our house and she's always been interested, never scared. Imagine my delight when she and I turned out to be two peas in a pod at the park! It was hot as Hades, but we didn't care. We must have watched the planes for half an hour. She would giggle and say, "whoa!" when they got close. We will definitely be going back. I can see us spending whole days there in the fall when it's cooler. I can't wait to take her on the playground and have a picnic.

I want to write more, but I've got a mad headache again (wonder what's up with that? Must be the heat). I'll be back with another update soon!

No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP