Friday, September 5, 2008

Praise for Palin, and My Girl Can EAT!

My, my, what a busy week we've had! I had every intention of writing on Monday after we got back from Canaan, and that clearly didn't happen, now, did it? It sounds lame, but I'm thoroughly exhausted from vacation.

Suffice it to say that Caitrin's first trip to Canaan Valley was a big hit. She loved the house we stayed in (as we all did). It had an even more open floor plan downstairs than ours does. And they had Mega Bloks. Just a few, but she fell in love. Guess what she'll be getting for her birthday! The photo at left is Our Girl, clutching her Security Block and bearing a frightening resemblance to Nosferatu. Which makes Sean's hilarious Freudian slip last night - in which he ended up referring to her as "Saitrin" - all the more a propos.

One of the things Sean and I were most excited to do was take Caitrin to Sirianni's, of course. She ended up out-eating both of us! We kept saying we didn't know where she was putting it, and then we found out! She had three or four of the nastiest diapers EVER afterward, inspiring us to coin the term "softball of death." I'll stop there, as some things are better left to the imagination. Other highlights of the trip included a trip to Blackwater Falls and several games of "Blink" between Caitrin and the fawns, who were still wearing their spots. Fun times!

I wasn't at all planning on watching the Republican Convention. Okay, so maybe I had decided to DVR it, but only for the purpose of it being counted in the ratings. Being somewhere to the right of Alan Keyes in ideology, I truly felt unrepresented in this Presidential race, even after John McCain's impressive performance at the Saddleback event. And then Sarah Palin happened. Oh. My. Goodness. I don't even know where to begin my lovefest for Alaska's leading lady. That's as good a place as any. She's a lady, in every sense of the word. She is the Proverbs 31 woman I so badly want to be. And ever since I heard about her affinity for big game hunting, I've pictured her doing what I've seen my Nanny do on several occasions. It involves high snowbanks and a long nightgown and Bean boots...oh, and a moose getting well acquainted with the business end of a .22.

Aaaggghhhh, and just when I think I'll have time to engage in higher-order thinking for .02 seconds, it appears Caitrin's awake from her nap, and Cassy is using the occasion to scream at me through the basement door for her dinner. I've gotta finish my previous thought, though, so in summary, conservative Christian women have a new superhero. Sarah Palin rocks!

No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP