Thursday, August 21, 2008

11 Months: New Pics, New Tricks, New Teeth!

My, what a difference a week makes! Somehow my little girl has gone from baby to toddler almost overnight! It began with a serious nap boycott at the end of last week. I was at my wits' end trying to figure out what was going on, and suddenly, there was my answer: 4 (count 'em) new teeth! She had declared nap amnesty when she got her first two, so I should've figured it out sooner this time around. Like Nanny says, "my forethoughts come after."

Nursing is fun with the new teeth. They have rubbed me raw and I find I'm gritting my own teeth at every feeding. She's not trying to bite me or changing her latch or anything. It's just that there are teeth where for so long there were none. Nasty, pointy teeth! But bless her, Caitrin is being an angel, all things considered. Mouth pain stinks and I know I wouldn't be anywhere near as sweet as she is if it were happening to me.

I got a big, sweet surprise on Monday. Caitrin was eating her beloved Gerber peach puffs and I was sitting with her at the table, when she picked one up and fed it to me! I made a HUGE deal about what a good girl she was to share with Mama, and then she did it another half dozen times! Now she's progressed to sharing tortilla pieces, chex, cheerios, cheese...everything but her Little Crunchies. She actually seems to prefer feeding me now. I don't think I've ever seen her grin so wide!

And the new thing I'm proudest of, and most exhausted by, is that as of a week ago Caitrin is cruising BIGTIME (see photo). In fact, on Tuesday she was holding onto the end table, forgot what she was doing and let go, and she actually stood all on her own for 2-3 seconds! All this from my munchkin who wasn't even crawling like a "normal kid" two weeks ago! At this rate, we figure she'll be walking by the time we go to Canaan next Thursday.

Which is gonna be a fulltime job to get ready for. I have a whole new level of respect for my parents, who drove 8-10 hours with three of us and ALLLLLLL our stuff to see my Nanny and Papa twice a year. We just have one, and we're only making a 4-hour drive, and somehow it already looks as if there'll be no room for anything but her stuff. Yet Mom and Dad always did it, and we never had anything bigger than a small station wagon. Wow, I am in awe.

Well, I've got dipes to finish washing, and Caitrin's afternoon nap appears not to be happening. Gosh, I am worn out. Must go. God bless all!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Emily is currently protesting nap time. I feel your pain. Love how she is sharing now. So cute!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP